Wednesday, August 13, 2008

RIP Alex "Little Bill" Wallace

Delta Blues native Alex "Little Bill" Wallace of Leland, Mississippi passed away on Sunday, August 10, 2009. "Little Bill" was one of the first delta blues men to play the electric guitar. Wallace influenced and performed with many great musicians including BB King, whom he played with in their younger days.
Photo: Alex "Little Bill" Wallace with Alex Thomas, Mississippi Blues Trail Director at the David "Honeyboy" Edwards marker ceremony on April 13, 2007.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pourin a lil Chivas 4 u Unc.

Anonymous said...

I met Little Bill Wallace when I was 18 when I started playing for Little Milton he was a big influence on Milton’s life he use to tell me about Bill a lot. He was a great man I sure do miss him R. I. P.
Rico McFarland